Monday, April 5, 2010

#22 Belonging

For me this year the IDCI senior girls basketball team was a major part in my life. This year it wasn't about a team for me it was about being apart of a family and that's what happened. We went through a lot this year and the only people that understood was the group of us. I went into this basketball year thinking I was going to be an outsider. These girls already had their best friends and I was coming into this hoping to get some playing time. I now gained 10 best friends that I probably will never lose in my lifetime. I have a close relationship with each one of them as well as all my coaches. Everyday we stepped into the gym we became closer. We stood by each other no matter what. That season was probably one of the most hardest years as well as one of the best years. I was a rookie this season and I never really understood what was going on like the other girls but I still felt like they impacted my life immensely. I know this probably sounds a little corny but it's the truth. It changed my views and my life.

1 comment: